The Fracture Advantage solution is provided in a modular fashion to allow customers the flexibility to select the right components, at the right time, and for the right price. In combination, our solution delivers efficiencies and best practices across the entire episode of care to improve your program’s value based performance and overall marketability. Each module is delivered by Accelero experts who collaborate onsite with your team to implement solutions and achieve a quicker time to benefit.
Patient Admission and Optimization
This module improves the care transitions from admission to discharge and optimizes patients for a safe and predictable outcome..
- Decreases time from admission to surgery
- Improves patient safety
- Creates hospitalist, ED physician, surgeon and anesthesia collaboration
- Reduces process variability
Patient and Family Education
This module aligns care expectations and establishes communication between patients/family and providers.
- Defines acute and postoperative care expectations
- Reduces coach and caregiver anxiety and concerns
- Improves patient experience and satisfaction scores
Order Sets and Plans of Care
This module utilizes best practices to reduce variability in postoperative care across providers, and prepares patients for a predictable care experience, discharge, and outcome.
- Establishes best practice order sets
- Improves pain management protocols
- Accelerates rehabilitation care
- Improves length of stay management
- Decreases postoperative complications and readmissions
Length of Stay Management and Discharge Effectiveness
This module seeks to improve the care coordination and safely discharge patients to the appropriate post-discharge care destination.
- Decreases cost of care
- Improves time to discharge
- Reduces unnecessary readmissions
Clinical Outcomes Improvement
This module utilizes data and root cause analysis to identify process and programmatic implementation initiatives that will boost clinical outcomes performance.
- Decreases inpatient hospital complication rate
- Improves length of stay management
- Improves patient satisfaction scores
- Decreases cost of care
Fracture Coordinator Development
This module provides the fracture care coordinator with training and tools needed to effectively execute their roles and responsibilities and meet performance goals.
- Defines specific roles and responsibilities
- Establishes goals and objectives
- Provides tools and templates
Case Scheduling and Equipment
This module implements policies and procedures that decrease variability and increase dependability in scheduling surgical cases and fulfilling case cart requirements.
- Decreases time between cases
- Increases preference card accuracy
- Increases case cart accuracy
- Improves intraoperative time
- Improves staff satisfaction
- Increases block utilization
Patient Flow and Throughput
This module optimizes the perioperative environment to improve procedures and create capacity for additional cases.
- Defines patient flow from preoperative through PACU
- Establishes common goals and actions across perioperative team members
- Improves perioperative team proficiency
- Improves turnover time between cases
- Increases capacity for additional surgical cases
- Increases room utilization
Metrics and Infrastructure
This module establishes a culture of accountability and teamwork to enable continuous process improvement.
- Establishes team infrastructure
- Defines performance metrics and reporting
- Aligns goals across all key stakeholders
Disease-Specific Care Certification
This module provides a proven methodology and process for achieving Joint Commission Disease-Specific Care (DSC) Certification for Hip Fracture.
- Establishes the Joint Commission DSC project timeline
- Defines core performance metrics
- Defines clinical practice guidelines
- Accelerates the application process
- Prepares objectives and documentation for Joint Commission site visit
- Develops site visit presentations
- Achieves Joint Commission DSC Certification for Hip Fracture
Program Outreach and Marketing
This module defines the patient outreach and marketing initiatives to build the market awareness and volume growth of the hip fracture program.
- Defines the current market share and growth opportunity
- Differentiates the program brand and brand messaging
- Develops the patient outreach and marketing activities for volume growth
- Provides the templates and tools to accelerate time to market
Please click on a highlighted title to view, read or download.
- Accelero Assesses Hospital’s Hip Fracture Program and Provides Guide to Success
- Accelero Works with Hospital to Rapidly Implement a Hip Fracture Program
The Hip Fracture Patient – Admission to Surgery. A discussion on hip fracture care from admission to surgery – critical to getting the patient medically cleared for surgery as quickly and as safely as possible.
The Hip Fracture Patient – Post Surgery to Discharge. A discussion on hip fracture care from post-surgery through hospital discharge and how to help improve patient care and outcomes.
- “For years we have had great success thanks to the Accelero Team with aligning our Total Joint Program. The team found that some of these successes naturally contributed to our other program populations such as the hip fracture population. After committing to the Accelero Fracture Assessment process we quickly learned that we had some rollover successes, but many areas that could use the same attention that was offered to the Total Joint program. The Accelero Team gave us the insight and view into our program that is difficult to “see” from the inside. We have walked away from that assessment with attainable goals and quick forward progress to better the care for our Hip Fracture population.”
- “The Accelero Hip Fracture Assessment is a fantastic set of outside eyes. This team knows the evidence, assists to work with the providers to best understand the workflow, and do not miss one layer when it comes to the complexity of the processes for these patients. The information they provided our team gives us actionable next-steps and a sturdy platform to step from. The assessment is a value-added component for the improvement of our hip fracture care.”
- “The Accelero team provides a systematic approach to best understand the unique workflows that hip fracture care offers. The team offers robust experience and success with the work they do both nationally and internationally. Their process is thorough and leaves no step unnoticed. Not only are they thorough- the on-site team is approachable and willing to meet with all of the stakeholders. This process allows a team to handle both the science and the human components of process improvement.”
- “The Accelero team approaches their program assessment in a way that makes the invisible, visible. The team helped us to understand how we can best make the right thing to do the EASY thing to do.”