Care Redesign to Reduce Costs and Improve Outcomes
Healthcare providers are being challenged to lower their cost of care. Becoming more efficient is only part of the solution. Improving outcomes and reducing readmissions are equally important. It requires a well-defined plan.
Best Practices for Care Redesign
Care redesign can make a big impact on both patient outcomes and the clinical practice. Keys to making and sustaining care redesign improvements include:
- A defined plan for the program and teams to provide guidance.
- Clearly defined leaders that support and lead team members.
- Access and review data. Accelero customers use OrthoVal, our proprietary orthopedic database.
- Regularly scheduled team meetings with clearly defined goals and action items. It’s often easier to start a care redesign process than to maintain it, so it is important to manage results and make changes as needed.
- Celebrate the small wins to keep interest and buy-in during the process.
Listen to the Audiocast
Click the arrow in the player below to listen to our brief audiocast, Care Redesign to Reduce Costs and Improve Outcomes. To download the file and listen to it later, click the highlighted link above. Once the file is up, right click to save it to your device (click on Save as…).