Care Continuum Division Lead
Bruno is responsible for the program management and implementation of Accelero’s suite of Advantage programs. Since joining Accelero in 2006, Bruno has worked with several large health systems to develop effective program infrastructures in a variety of musculoskeletal programs.
- Strategic planning and forecasting.
- Process reengineering and improvement.
- Joint replacement program strategy, design, and implementation.
- Program infrastructure development and deployment.
- Physician recruitment, engagement and integration.
- Referral source development.
Prior to joining Accelero, Bruno worked as a Controller with responsibility for operational support/management for a mutual fund firm and has a background in developing and implementing information management systems. Bruno graduated from Robert Morris University with a Bachelor’s in Finance. He is currently pursuing a Masters in Leadership and Information Technology at Duquesne University.
Perioperative Division Lead
Since joining Accelero in 2006, Tim has worked with partner hospitals across the country to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions that create better, more efficient standards of care. More specifically, Tim and his team of process and clinical experts leverage data and observation to create capacity and reduce costs throughout the perioperative continuum.
- Increase perioperative throughput by reducing procedural time elements.
- Apply scheduling best practices to minimize overruns and unused block time.
- Improve financial margins by identifying and reducing avoidable costs.
- Enhance management effectiveness to perpetuate a high performance culture.
- Optimize surgeon-procedure mix for the best use of operating room resources.
- Improve patient flow, reducing bottlenecks in post-operative backups allowing patients to begin their recovery sooner.
Prior to his arrival at Accelero, Tim worked at an international management consulting firm to implement organizational change and operational improvement initiatives. He received his BA from Xavier University and his Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from Villanova University.
Senior Product Lead
Jenna leads the development and implementation of Accelero programs in several partnerships across the country. Jenna also leads more directed projects such as: total joint replacement bundle payment programs, the Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification achievement programs, and functional outcome collection and analysis tool development for spine surgery.
- Implementing musculoskeletal and rehabilitation program infrastructure.
- Driving improvements in customer service and operational metrics.
- Collecting, analyzing, and improving clinical and functional outcomes.
- Developing and implementing Sports Medicine and rehabilitation programs.
- Advancing marketing and referral source strategies
Jenna earned a Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy from Regis University in Denver, Colorado. She graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Kinesiology from Whittier College in California. Jenna practiced as a Physical Therapist prior to working for Accelero Health Partners and earned her certification in Athletic Training in 2006.
Senior Product Lead
Since joining Accelero in 2006, Mike has been helping hospitals and physicians build their Major Joint Replacement and Sports Medicine Programs.
- Strategic planning of marketing, resource allocation and program development.
- Infrastructure development and implementation of business intelligence and analytic tools to optimize and manage business operations.
- Researching and Identifying opportunities to reduce costs and elimination waste.
- Implementing Lean Initiatives via first-hand observational practices and process mapping.
Prior to his arrival at Accelero, Mike worked at a leading investment company. Mike received his BA from Robert Morris University and is certified in Lean.
Senior Product Lead
Matt’s primary focus has been service line management and process efficiency related to perioperative services.
- Identified process improvement opportunities to save hospitals millions of dollars in wasted perioperative time, eliminating the need for capital expansion projects.
- Worked with OR management and direct care-givers to ingrain parallel process, improved patient flow and focused responsibility for significant volume growth.
- Developed hospital specific room turnover processes reducing wasted effort and time, resulting in increased surgeon and patient satisfaction.
- Developed reporting tools for OR management to showcase accountability and overall service performance.
Prior to his arrival at Accelero, Matt worked at a Fortune 500 financial institution. His received his BA from Clarion University and is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
Senior Product Lead
Dawn is the clinical expert for Accelero assessment and implementation projects. Using her formal training and in-depth clinical experience, she is responsible for ensuring Accelero’s solutions result in high quality care for partner facilities.
- Collecting, analyzing and improving clinical outcomes
- Driving improvements in customer service and operational metrics
- Implementing infrastructure changes for musculoskeletal product lines
- Change management and coaching
Prior to joining Accelero Health Partners, Dawn served on numerous hospital committees, managed and directed multiple nursing units and led several service lines for two leading hospital networks. Through these nursing leadership experiences Dawn has had the opportunity to utilize lean methodologies to improve the efficiency of hospital processes resulting in lowered supply costs, improved patient flow and enhanced communication by healthcare providers. Dawn earned an MBA in Health Care Management from Indiana Wesleyan University in Marion, IN and a Master of Science in Nursing specializing in nursing informatics from Walden University in Minneapolis, MN.
Ed has been successful in positively affecting clinical outcomes through reducing length of stay, implementing processes to enable industry leading patient and employee satisfaction, initiating physician and employee productivity improvements and cost reduction through protocol use.
- Specific areas of expertise include:
- Service line data analysis
- Facilitating physician and staff strategic planning
- Service line marketing
Ed previously worked as a department director for two different national hospital chains. Additionally Ed had the opportunity to be on the cutting edge of the hospital/physician integration movement occurring the past several years as a leader for multiple physician practices. Ed has a BS in Health Services Management from California College for Health Sciences and an MBA from the University of Phoenix.
Sue is renowned for achieving improvements in care, margin and volume performance measures across many different musculoskeletal sub-specialty programs including joint care, spine care and sports medicine.
- Engaging physician for greater synergy and procedure growth.
- Increasing patient satisfaction scores, leading to more patients choosing a facility.
- Developing strategies and plans that reduce length of stay for joint replacement patients, resulting in over $500,000 for one 325-bed hospital.
- Leading the design and implementation of a spine center in a large Midwest hospital.
- Designing and implementing programs to improve clinical, functional and operational outcomes
Prior to joining Accelero, Sue worked in a large multi-hospital system as a physician practice administrator. Sue graduated from the University of Pittsburgh with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
John manages the day to day interactions with the hospital’s orthopedic programs. Since joining Accelero in 2008, John has worked with several large health systems in highly competitive markets. The trademark of John’s engagements has been the ability to implement program initiatives and achieve measurable results in accelerated timeframes.
- Service line strategy and business plan program management
- Program strategy, design and implementation
- Physician engagement strategy and planning
- Variable cost assessment and margin improvement opportunities
- Process reengineering and operational transformation
Prior to joining Accelero, John worked in program management for a large Healthcare Insurance company and IT consulting. John graduated from Duquesne University with a degree in Business Administration / Information Technology.
Jason presides over our fracture care franchise. He has worked with over 50 hospitals and specializes in building programs in large hospital systems.
- Creating Joint and Spine Centers of Excellence.
- Developing Fracture Care programs of distinction.
- Strategic planning and implementation of joint replacement bundle payment projects.
- Improving and managing patient outcomes.
- Achieve nationally recognized quality endorsements.
Jason has previously worked in analysis and leadership roles at a leading technology consulting organization. Jason received his Bachelor’s Degree from Westminster College.
Since joining our team in 2005, Greg has been leading the implementation of Accelero programs in several partnerships across the country and has been instrumental in the development of Accelero’ s European market. He has helped to lead strategic growth initiatives within our hospital partners and has direct responsibilities in the sale and implementation of Accelero’ s Practice Advantage service offering. Greg has also been instrumental in creating Accelero’ s Joint Replacement, Fracture Care, and Spine programs.
- Service Line Development Planning and Analysis
- Programmatic Infrastructure
- Project and Operations Management
- Strategic Growth Initiatives for physician engagement, referral source integration, marketing and community programming
- Productivity and Performance Systems (Clinical & Non-Clinical Based)
- Continuous Process Improvement
Prior to joining Accelero Greg worked as a management consultant traveling internationally and working with several fortune 100 companies. Greg graduated with a Master’s Degree in Economics and International Affairs from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. He earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications and Marketing from Robert Morris University and holds Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification. Greg is also bilingual in English and German.